Liquitex artist acrylic colors are basic acrylic colors for all types of creative arts. They come in 48 different shades with lightfast, artist-quality pigments. These are highly pigmented colors, and they retain subtle brush strokes.
Unique features and outright techniques will make you fall in love with them.
- Medium viscosity and fine art pigments– gives you consistency while painting.
- Good pigment load and satin finish– for your comfort while working with them.
- These colors blend easily.
- Colors blend very well.
- Paints have a shelf life of 7 years.
- You can explore all painting techniques using Liquitex Basic colors. They work best for collage, mixed media, color mixing, sketching, and underpainting (Don’t forget to share your work and tag us :P)
- Perfectionist colors! For everyday usage, for painting preliminary ideas, for underpainting and even for vast areas.
Interesting features of Liquitex acrylic paints:
- Acrylic colors are highly versatile. You can use them on various surfaces:
- paper, board
- Liquitex guarantees you with a stable mix while painting. These paints are 100% compatible and consistent. Which means you can mix these colors with any other medium like an acrylic marker or acrylic gouache, etc. They will be intermixable. To learn more
- You can learn different types of painting techniques here.
Here are some FAQs before you start your painting journey:
Can basic paints have different opacities?
Yes, basics are made from fine art pigments. Depending on the pack you can see, some are opaque. Some are semi-opaque, and others are transparent. However, you cannot get different consistencies across colors.
Do Liquitex colors have longevity issues? How long will they resist fading?
They have the property of lightfastness. All are rated ASTM I (excellent) or II (very good) and considered permanent and lightfast for 50-100+ years in gallery conditions.
We love artists sharing their experiences with us. It helps with everyone’s mutual development.
I have used some Liquitex acrylic colors. They are transparent, and they are not too thick. They are best as they provide perfect blending. Also, you get an option to put several layers if you need opaque colors.
-Tejaswini M. S.
Liquitex basic acrylic paints are a ‘must-have’ for every artist in their journey of painting.