Beyond Inks is a famous brand of alcohol inks. Alcohol ink is an alcohol-based dye that is liquid and translucent. Alcohol causes the ink to move while the dye is a pigment that stays on paper after the alcohol evaporates. Hence it is fast drying. This brand offers 15 colors to choose from.
These inks are highly pigmented, and they are perfect to use on non-porous surfaces. Mixing colors is natural and creates vibrant, fluid effects.
Where to use these alcohol inks?
You can use these on non-porous surfaces, including glass, metals, varnished wood, ceramics, synthetic papers, etc. They are practiced primarily in mixed-media projects. You can use them for printing, stamping, jewelry making, fabric dyeing, decorating household objects, etc.
Benefits beyond ink offer:
- Water-proof and fast-drying
- Available in different, vibrant colors– sunshine, magenta, pine, sky, crimson, indigo, butterscotch, shadow, lime, blood, etc.
- You can revive the dried ink using more ink or alcohol which, helps you to add new colors or change your painting.
- You can create color gradients and patterns.
- Psychologically, alcohol inks help you to go with the flow and enhance your creativity.
Useful tips and tricks
How to draw using Beyond Inks?
- Drop or pour the ink from the bottle. Tilt the paper to blend colors according to your choice and convenience. You can use a painting brush or coffee stirrer to spread the ink.
- You can use alcohol inks with a cotton pad or bud for a smooth application.
- A round or flat brush is best to apply inks. Different sizes of brushes will help you to control the spread of ink according to your wish.
Let us look into common issues faced by beginners and artists:
While blending alcohol inks, it creates hard lines. What do I do?
If you are getting hard lines, use a wet brush to blend the colors. Using a damp brush aids to reactivate them.
I am a beginner, and I find it difficult to control the ink. It keeps spreading. How should I control it?
For controlling the ink, it is better to keep some space between the edge and place where you apply ink. Then you can push or drag the ink towards the border with a brush. Practice can help you gain control.
How do I get different tones of a color?
The above method can also help you to get different tones. Along with this, you can use a palette to create your tones.
We learn from the experiences of our fellow artists. Here is what Marzia says:
I have used several brands buy hey! if something is made in India iv got to use them.
I found Beyond Inks very therapeutic and easy to plan. The inks are vibrant, bold, and quick-drying, which is a great challenge for artists. These inks are for anybody who would like to get into art.
They are perfect fits for beginners to start their creative journey. Along with this, they provide an ideal chance for professionals to enhance their creative journey.
So when are you starting your ‘Alcohol Ink’ journey?