Paper grid book
A paper grid book is a sketchbook that consists of continuous square grid lines throughout the paper. The uniformly divided grid on the paper helps to improve accuracy in your drawing or writing.
A paper grid book has ample benefits for everyone from a beginner to professional writers as well as artists.
Let’s dig into some advantages of grid paper:
- The most prominent use of a grid paper book is for mathematical and geometric computing and design. However, it is used in all types of art forms, starting from pencil sketches and calligraphy to watercolors.
- The grid helps to improve accuracy and enhance your skills, along with perfection while drawing. With grid books, you can keep aside the scale and pencil. Also, the struggle to draw equal lines for calligraphy is drastically reduced. It is one of the most preferred techniques to create a uniform artwork of all forms because of the proper ratio of lines used.
- The 200 gsm paper can take many paints, mediums, and brush pen strokes. The paper is thick enough to experiment with mandalas using Sakura micron pens and brush pens of renowned brands like Tombow, Camlin, Add Gel, gelly rolls, and much more.
- With grid paper, you can quickly transfer an image to a painting.
- Light watercolor washes using the watercolor brush pens can be done on this grid book because of the appropriate thickness of the paper.
- You can make your DIY bullet journal or weekly/monthly planner using this grid book.
Some questions Grid paper answered for you:
[sc_fs_faq html=”true” headline=”h2″ img=”” question=”How to use grid drawing and transfer an image?” img_alt=”” css_class=””] You have to draw the same grid as the grid paper on your reference image. Then draw the given picture on the grid paper focusing on one square at a time. Complete the entire image accordingly. [/sc_fs_faq]
[sc_fs_faq html=”true” headline=”h2″ img=”” question=”What kind of drawing styles and mediums does grid paper support? ” img_alt=”” css_class=””] The papers in the grid book are sufficiently thick, unlike any other grid book, you find online. Hence it supports all styles of drawing, including Madhubani painting, pencil sketches, watercolors, and oil pastels. Similarly, it can take the strokes of micron pens and calligraphy pens without fraying them. Along with this, light watercolor washes and watercolor brush pens work very well on this paper. [/sc_fs_faq]
[sc_fs_faq html=”true” headline=”h2″ img=”” question=”What are the features of Ayush Paper grid paper?” img_alt=”” css_class=””] The paper is 200 gsm, with a single side grid and lighter grid lines. The sketchbook consists of 30 pages, and you can choose the cover designs made by your favorite artists. If pigmented inks are not used, you can utilize the other side of the sheet too. [/sc_fs_faq]
I recently bought this gridline book from Ayush paper. I can confidently tell you that this product is definitely what artists are asking for. Each page is hard and, again, smooth enough to make beautiful designs. Fineliners are working best in this book. I am glad I found this grid book.
So when are you starting your creative ‘grid book’ journey?
Reshma Venkatraman –
This Grid book is the best choice for pen works. I am so glad to have bought this. I did lots of zentangle and mandala practices on the grid pages. And used the plain pages on the left side for sketching.. two in one, isn’t that great!! Thickness of the page helps to work on both sides.
Totally useful product and worth it. Thank you AYUSH papers for this book.
Thank you so much for a detailed feedback.
Lavita Shetty (verified owner) –
Practice is the key to get those fine, symmetrical patterns in mandala of Zentangle. So I started practising my patterns that came in my mind in this Grid book. Quality wise I have nothing to say, it can be trusted. I use fine liners, markers, pencils and what not. The thick page, and the grid gives me better area to work on. You need not create just patterns and do some hit and trial patterns, you can also create an entire art in the same. This kind of gives a better definition. This is suitable from beginner to Advance. And one book from this series is enough for you to last long and do the best.
Thank you very much this detailed review is really going to help all new buyers. Thank you so much!
Snigdha sibani –
Actually ayush paper gifted me a ayush gridbook..it is the best to working on it.. Very smooth texture and the fineliner are work very good worth buying it, I have already done 10mandalas and I am still working on that paper and I honestly say ayush paper is the best.. Go buy for it…..
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Superb quality. The pages are thick enough. No blotting of ink occurs. Best for beginners.