Watercolor painting paper
The watercolor papers in India are manufactured by hand. Traditionally manufactured paper is also known as cold-pressed paper. Families are involved in paper making business, and paper is produced at home using various tools and equipment. The watercolor paper in India is also hand-made, and hence, Indian watercolor paper is very strong.
You need to know these unique characteristics which will make you fall in love with the paper:
- Indian hand-made watercolor papers are thick, sturdy, and consist of 100% cotton material. They do not distort after heavy wash.
- They are 100% cotton and have a neutral pH. So they will not turn yellow and extremely durable.
- The materials are locally sourced, and production is chemical-free.
- They are thick, i.e., 270 gsm, hence very comfortable to use. Cotton watercolor papers are also available in various thicknesses, such as 300 GSM and 440 GSM.
- The results come out well in all types of watercolor techniques.
- You can try scrubbing, wet on wet techniques, scraping, taping, masking, or any other methods without any problem on these papers. They take these procedures very quickly without causing any problem.
- Cost is a very significant factor. Indian watercolor papers are very economical with the quality they provide as compared to other brands.
All these characteristics make the paper very valuable and worth to use for beginners as well as professional artists.
Here is what Kamia Madan from Delhi has to say about Indian papers. She has a secret message for us!
“I have used some of the Indian brand papers for my paintings. I love to work with them, and they are now part of my basic art supply kit.
For starters, they have an incredible water-holding capacity, which is comparable to some of the international brands. I also love the texture these papers have. I have used this texture to my advantage in many of my paintings, and the outcome has been miraculous!!
And yes, working on something made in India does give you a feeling of happiness!! But the fact that these have affordable pricing and easy availability takes the cake away.
If you are a beginner and looking for the right art supplies, I would recommend trying any Indian brand watercolor paper. You can thank me later :)”
So are you ready to take this opportunity?
Paint your heart on this marvelous paper, use our tutorials, post photos, tag us. We are always happy to share your paintings.